Kampala Uganda is not the easiest place to build a future for yourself if you are a child. Uganda officially has 2.5 million orphans whose lives are incredibly challenging given the level of support and care available to them.
About half of these orphans have lost their parents to HIV/AIDS and many of the others have had to witness their parents’ deaths at the hands of the Lord’s Resistance Army in Northern Uganda.
As adults who were once orphans, the founders of Stanford Foundation for Orphans and Rural Development (SORD) decided to create a real and sustainable solution for these orphans in Uganda. SORD Kampala has created a home to care for their personal and special needs as well as established a school to ensure that they are educated and able to prosper as an adult. We have noe extended our services to the children of amolator
Our school is also open to the local community of Kawempe and Amolator and we currently have 260 children between the ages of 3 to 15 years across 10 classes in Kawempe and 300 children between the ages of 3 to 16 years respectively. We actively seek to ensure the continued education of females and refugee students who historically have a high drop out rate therefore, doing our part to break the cycle of poverty.
We hope to change the lives of the children we touch by:
- Increasing literacy rates
- Offering vocational training after they complete their schooling to ensure they are able to secure a job as well as create jobs through entrepreneurship
- Teach discipline & active citizenship so they grow up to become responsible and engaged adults
- Offering counseling services to orphaned & vulnerable children who often come from traumatic situations of loss, war & other tragedies
- Giving them a home & a safe place to be children
- Provide them with nutritious food so that they are able to physically and mentally thrive
certified-true-copyForm18-Notice Of Situation Of Registered Office_fa96986f-a0c1-4500-b00a-a10bda79fa49
certified-true-copyForm20-Notification Of Appointment Of Director And Secretary For LAURA STANFORD FOUNDATION SCHOOL LIMITED_57298dac-ec4d-4f76-986a-e2d523919bb6
certified-true-copyMemorandum and Articles of Association FOR LAURA STANFORD FOUNDATION SCHOOL LIMITED_5cd8edf7-0541-4111-802e-e312518526f3
certified-true-copyForm 1 - Certificate of Incorporation for LAURA STANFORD FOUNDATION SCHOOL LIMITED_ce7f2f02-190d-4abb-9642-c776af0de119